PRETZEL SALES AND THE PRETZEL PLAN 2017-2018
What and when are pretzel sales?
- The Quarry Hill PTO holds a soft pretzel sale, one Friday each month, beginning in October, in the school cafeteria during our children’s lunch period. Sales run monthly through May 2017.
- The first sale will be Friday, October 6, 2017. All pretzels cost $.50 each.
What is The Pretzel Plan?
- For your child’s convenience, all interested students may purchase soft pretzels – in advance- for the duration of the school year. This plan is available to all children from kindergarten through 5th grade.
- The cost of pretzels remains $.50 per pretzel.
When can I sign up for The Pretzel Plan?
- The Deadline is Monday, September 25, 2017
- Signing up for The Pretzel Plan is open now only – via the form. (reverse side)
- There will no other time to sign up for The Pretzel Plan during the school year.
When will The Pretzel Plan begin?
- On October 6, 2017, and it will conclude on May 4, 2018 (8 months duration).
Why participate in The Pretzel Plan?
- It eliminates the need for your child to bring money monthly into school.
- It eliminates the disappointment of not receiving a pretzel because your child forgot his/her pretzel money.
- It enables the PTO to have your child’s pretzel(s) bagged in advance and ready for him/her when they arrive in the cafeteria for lunch.
- It enables the PTO to order a more accurate number of pretzels and reduce waste.
How does it work?
- Fill out the form attached, along with payment, and return it to your child’s teacher.
- The PTO will keep a schedule of all those children participating, by classroom, grade and by their cafeteria table assignments.
- It is important to let your child know that they are on The Pretzel Plan prior to each sale. Please remind them, when they arrive in the cafeteria that the pretzel volunteers will go to their tables and hand them their bagged pretzels, with their names on it.
- If your child is on the plan and absent the day of the sale, regrettably we are unable to provide a refund.
What if my child doesn’t want to participate in The Pretzel Plan?
- It’s absolutely optional. All children are able to purchase pretzel(s) for cash each month, on the scheduled Pretzel Day sale.
What if my child has allergies? Our pretzel supplier is: Philly Soft Pretzel Factory; Langhorne, PA; #215-757-6060.
Any questions, please e-mail the Pretzel Chairpersons: Tina Matthes at firstname.lastname@example.org or Meg Keilman at email@example.com